Branched-chain amino acids are essential to any woman. They not only help you recover faster, but they could also increase the effects of your weight loss journey.
Studies show that BCAAs are beneficial to any woman. Not only do they help with losing weight, but they’re also essential in keeping your body in tip-top shape.
When choosing any BCAA supplement, it’s essential to keep in mind your preferences, budget, and the amount of BCAAs you need.
- 1. Performance Lab SPORT – Most Convenient & Overall Best
- 2. Ideal Lean
- 3. Transparent Labs Coreseries with Glutamine
- 4. NLA for Her Aminos
- 5. Pure Encapsulations
- 6. Scivation XTEND Original
- 7. BulkSupplements BCAA 3:1:2
- 8. Cellucor Alpha Amino
- 9. MyProtein
- 10. BEYOND RAW Gummy Worms
I’ve found that the Performance Lab Sport BCAA in capsule form to be the top1 choice. It might be a bit on the expensive side, but it’s certainly well worth the money. You’ll find that it’s easy to consume and contains one of the highest BCAA contents in the market, making it ideal for anyone who wants a quick and easy dose of your daily amino acids.
10 Best BCAA for Women (List for 2021)
BCAAs can help take your gym and workout sessions to the next level. Whether you’re an athlete, a highly physically active person, or someone who is trying to lose weight, BCAA supplements can help you push harder and perform better.
We’ve compiled ten of the top BCAAs in the market for any woman who wants to make sure they’re getting their daily BCAA intake. Keep reading to find out what we have to say about the following products.
1. Performance Lab SPORT – Most Convenient & Overall Best
The Performance Lab Sport BCAA is ideal for any modern woman who wants something quick to take. It’s also highly effective and contains one of the highest BCAA ratios in the market. Moreover, you’ll appreciate the fact that it features a clean formula that is free from artificial ingredients altogether.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Clean and Pure Ingredients – one of the most impressive aspects of this BCAA is that it contains very little in the way of additives. You’re basically getting almost purely BCAAs. Even then, you’re only exposed to the vegan capsule and rice concentrate, which is beneficial in itself.
Summary: Although this product is a bit on the pricier side, it’s well worth every cent. You’ll appreciate the clean and pure vegan friendly formulation as well as its convenient capsule form. It also contains one of the highest BCAA contents in the market which makes it highly effective and allows you to pace your branched chain amino acid needs as much as you need to. We especially appreciate the tastelessness of the capsule which means you’re unlikely to have trouble taking it.
2. Ideal Lean BCAA – Best Budget
Ideal Lean in powder form is both effective and budget-friendly. This means you don’t have to break the bank just to get a trustworthy dose of your daily amino acid requirements. You’ll appreciate its high BCAA per serving and its proprietary fat loss formula that helps you reach your fitness goals or build muscle faster.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Amplified Healthy Weight Loss – this Ideal Lean blend boosts the weight loss process by burning fat rapidly thanks to its unique fat loss blend. Moreover, it also effectively maximizes lean prevent muscle growth, which balances your body type. It means you’ll effectively lose weight while gaining healthy lean muscle mass to help you stay strong and physically fit.
Summary: This Ideal Lean comes in many flavor options that are refreshing and will blend easily into your favorite beverages, or stand well on its own. That said, it might taste a bit too sweet for some and it is an acquired taste. Fortunately, it is affordable and it features a unique formula that encourages fat burning while helping you effectively grow your lean muscle mass.
3. Transparent Labs Coreseries with Glutamine – Great Natural
This Transparent Labs Coreseries with Glutamine is best for anyone who is looking for an all-natural powder that is reasonably priced and great tasting. You’ll have a choice between six delicious flavors, and the best thing about this all-natural blend is that it’s easily mixable and blends easily into any drink or beverage you can think of.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Highly Effective and Nutritious Formula – this BCAA blend of leucine, isoleucine, and valine contains 14 grams of BCAAs per serving. It contains 5 active ingredients that stimulate protein synthesis, helps reduce muscle fatigue, and increases your muscle growth even post workout. Not to mention, it also helps improve your overall workout effectiveness.
Summary: If you aren’t a fan of stevia, you’ll likely not enjoy the taste of this Transparent Labs Coreseries. However, it’s worth trying some of the flavors in the hopes of finding one you’re comfortable with. Having said that, it is reasonably priced blend that contains a high BCAA yield per serving as well as other active ingredients that are necessary to help you reap its full benefits.
4. NLA for HER Aminos – Best Value
This NLA for HER Aminos is top for anyone who is looking for something high in value that maximizes your goals and the effect of branched-chain amino acids on a woman’s body.
If you’re someone who likes to workout daily but dreads the sore feeling you get after, this NLA for HER is ideal because it helps support muscle recovery and is designed to be taken at any time in the day for maximum convenience.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Broad Spectrum Amino Acid Content – this product contains three of the essential amino acids leucine. Moreover, it also provides Citrulline and Beta-Alanine, which enhances your effectiveness, all while staving off muscle fatigue.
Summary: If you’re looking to buy something in bulk, you might need to buy several containers of this powder. This is a small inconvenience considering it tastes delicious, isn’t too sweet and is highly effective. You’ll notice an immediate improvement in your endurance as well as your muscle recovery after taking this product.
5. Pure Encapsulations
It doesn’t get purer than Pure Encapsulations. This powder comes in a 68 serving container and costs you a little over $0.70 per serving. This means it’s surprisingly affordable, given the fact that it is highly effective and contains no harmful ingredients.
If you like to make sure you’re putting only the essentials into your body, you’ll appreciate this product that features a pure powder with nothing more than just BCAAs.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Enhanced Energy and Endurance – this Pure Encapsulations is top if you’re finding it hard to focus and feel motivated to work out. You’ll feel renewed and revitalized after each serving, which will help you shred harder than ever before.
Summary: There are two things you may not like about Pure Encapsulations. First, it doesn’t taste good on its own. Second, its consistency is similar to cornstarch. But other than that, it’s highly versatile and easily mixable which means it can be added to any drink of your choice. Moreover, it’s reasonably priced and affordable, not to mention, it contains no additives.
6. Scivation XTEND Original – Best Tasting
Scivation XTEND features a blend of Leucine, Valine, and Isoleucine at a ratio of 1:1:1. Moreover, it also contains L-glutamine, which is ideal for anyone who is facing a tough workout and is dreading the post-workout soreness that usually comes after.
Moreover, it contains a good mix of vitamins and electrolytes that helps keep you alert and focused on those days that you just don’t feel like putting in a lot of work.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Great Flavor Choices – one of the best things about this Scivation XTEND is that nearly all of its flavors are delicious. I highly recommend the watermelon flavor, which is by far the best of the bunch. If you’re looking for something a bit tart, you’ll also enjoy the blue raspberry or pink lemonade flavors. Overall, it’s hard to find fault in this BCAA powder’s flavor profiles.
Summary: The only bad thing I can say about this Scivation XTEND is that it contains artificial additives like dyes. Other than that, it’s a great product that tastes delicious, is easily mixable and is highly reliable.
7. BulkSupplements BCAA 3:1:2 – Good For Bodybuilding
BulkSupplements is well-known for providing high-quality supplements that are both affordable and highly effective. If you’re trying to increase your muscle mass quickly, this supplementation is ideal for you.
You’ll appreciate its affordable price and reliable blend that helps you lose fat and pile on muscle while building your strength so you can flaunt those muscles that you’ve been training hard for.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Effective for Bodybuilding – this BCAA blend contains a 3:1:2 ratio of the three most essential branched-chain amino acids. This means it’s top if you’re trying to pile on muscle fast, and it helps you maximize the effects of weightlifting.
Summary: This BulkSupplements is ideal if you’re looking for something that is easily affordable, sustainable and effective. Its special 3:1:2 ratio of branched chain amino acids makes it the most effective for bodybuilders who want to see results quickly. The only negative thing about it is that it’s not easily mixable and it doesn’t taste good on its own because it is unflavored.
8. Cellucor Alpha Amino
Cellucor Alpha Amino Acids Powder is perfect if you’re worried about taking too many BCAAs thanks to your high-protein diet. If you feel like you still need a bit of a boost, but find that other in the market provide you with too much BCAA per serving, this Cellucor only provides you with 5 g per scoop, so it’s easier to manage.
Here’s why you’ll like it:
Keeps You in the Best Shape – this Cellucor not only makes sure you achieve your fitness goals, but it also guarantees that your body stays hydrated and sustains your muscle recovery quite well. It can be taken at various times of the day and is ideal for any fitness goal you have.
Summary: I can confidently say that while there are better BCAA supplements out there, Cellucor is certainly still a good option. It’s top if you’re looking for more manageable servings or are worried about going overboard with your daily amino acids.
9. MyProtein BCAA 2:1:1
Just like its namesake, this MyProtein Essential contains all of your daily essential branched-chain amino acids. It’s designed for daily use and promotes muscle synthesis effectively, which helps build your lean muscle mass as well as support muscle recovery. You’ll appreciate the versatility of this product as well as its delicious taste.
Here’s what makes it good:
Multiple Flavor Options – while some of the flavors are hit or miss, you’ll appreciate the fact that this MyProtein comes in unflavored and various flavored options. This gives you plenty of chances to decide which is top for you as well as mix it into any beverage you choose. 2:1:1 ratio of leucine to isoleucine to valine. Valine is another amino acid, valine has some links to endurance and focus. Interestingly, if you have difficulty digesting it and there’s more of it in the blood, this is seen as a sign of insulin resistance, a risk factor for diabetes and other conditions.
Summary: If you’re keen on going unflavored, I highly recommend mixing it into a stronger juice to mask the taste. Despite being unflavored, it still has a distinctly unpleasant taste that is hard to mask. That said, some of its flavor options are quite delicious on their own. Moreover, you’ll appreciate the great BCAA ratio on this product. Great choice for anyone who is looking for something versatile.
10. BEYOND RAW Gummy Worms
This BEYOND RAW Gummy Worms is top for anyone who wants something a bit more edible and easier to consume. It comes in a gummy worm form, which makes it easy to snack on, but it also helps make you feel like you’re not taking supplements. Basically, it makes taking your daily BCAAs enjoyable and guarantees that it’s delicious as well.
Here’s why you should try it:
Highly Effective – don’t be fooled by its looks, because this gummy worm BCAA contains everything that Beyond Raw is well-known for which is highly effective supplements. This formula boosts anabolic recovery and allows you to reach your full potential when working out.
Summary: This product is similar to other gummy supplements. You’re paying for the novelty. While it may not be the most effective, it’s still effective to a point. The only problem is that the results are quite mild and if you’re used to potent formulation, you may not enjoy this BCAA supplementation. Having said that, it does taste delicious and it does deliver reasonable results.
When To Take & How Much BCAAs Should a Woman Take Daily?
Like any other supplement, too much is never good for you. The same can be said for taking BCAAs. While they’re perfectly necessary for your body’s overall health, you shouldn’t take more than your body actually needs.
To make sure you’re getting enough BCAAs daily, you should consume at least 9 grams. This is the safest and most recommended dosage for the average woman.
That said, there are some things you need to take note of to make sure you’re not taking too much or too little.
Take a look at my key takeaways to help you determine the right amount of BCAAs you need on a daily basis:
- The World Health Organization recommended in 1985 that you take 15 milligrams of BCAAs daily per pound of bodyweight. This will help you more accurately determine how much you need.
- If you suffer from ALS or maple syrup urine disease, you will need to limit your BCAA consumption.
- If you’re under a protein-rich diet, it may not be necessary to take BCAAs. Since branched-chain amino acids are naturally found in protein-rich foods and protein powder, you may be getting enough from your solid food consumption.
- However, if you’re highly physically active, you may need more BCAAs. It’s important to take your body and physical activities into consideration.
Now that you have an idea of how much BCAAs you need to take daily, you’re probably wondering when you’re supposed to take them. Normally, I’d recommend that you take BCAAs directly before or after your workout recovery. This is ideal for anyone who has a weight loss goal or is just generally trying to maximize their daily BCAA consumption.
However, if you’re trying to boost muscle growth or gain weight, you may want to take it early in the morning and right before you sleep.
Summary: The amount of BCAAs you need to take daily depends on your body weight and the number of physical activities you subject yourself to. A good starting point would be to take 15 mg per pound of body weight. Moreover, if you’re trying to gain weight, it would be best to take your BCAAs in the morning and before sleeping. Otherwise, directly before or after your high-intesity workout is the best time to take them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Understandably, there are many concerns about taking BCAAs, especially if this is your first time taking supplements independently from your daily protein intake. Take a look at some of those questions and find out what we have to say about them below.
Do BCAAs Have Side Effects?
BCAAs are naturally needed by your body. Because of this, there haven’t been any significant negative side effects documented. That said, BCAAs are not ideal for everyone. Moreover, they may also not deliver results entirely, especially if your daily protein intake is perfectly adequate.
As with any supplement, it’s important that you take BCAAs in moderation and that you take the right amount to make sure you’re getting the benefits you’re looking for. Take a look at my key takeaways below:
- If you suffer from ALS or maple syrup urine disease, you will need to limit your daily BCAA intake. One of the results of having these health complications is that your body has trouble processing BCAAs. Taking too much may lead to complications.
- Taking branched-chain amino acids as a dietary supplement has been linked to liver disease in alcoholics. Most of the time, this leads to brain damage or what is called hepatic encephalopathy.
- BCAAs can affect your blood sugar levels. It’s best to stop taking BCAAs at least 2 weeks prior to scheduled surgery. Otherwise, it could interfere with your blood sugar levels during surgery.
- BCAAs can interfere with sleep patterns. A study showed that BCAAs decrease the production of serotonin because it competes with tryptophan. This can lead to trouble sleeping or falling asleep. Despite this, further studies are needed to prove the theory and have it be accepted in the medical field.
Are BCAAs Better in Pill or Powder form?
This depends on your preferences. If you don’t have any issues with mixing your BCAAs into a drink, a powder form would be ideal. However, if you want something easier to take, you may opt for a pill form.
The only difference is that a BCAA powder comes in different flavors. You could choose from flavors like fruit punch or ice tea peach among a myriad of other flavors.
Does BCAA Cause Hair Loss?
Contrary to popular claims, BCAAs can actually help prevent hair loss. Hair loss is usually caused by deficiencies in amino acids. Taking BCAA supplementations can help fix this problem and help you prevent hair loss.
User Reviews, What Customers are Saying?
What makes BCAAs for women popular? And why should you look into them? We’ve asked hundreds of customers from all walks of life to let us know how BCAAs affect them and added in a bit of our own expertise as well.
Here are our key takeaways:
- BCAAs can help with lean muscle recovery. This means you’re less likely to develop hulking muscles after rigorous workouts, but you’re also less likely to suffer from physical and mental exhaustion. So if you’re having trouble staying alert and focused, BCAAs may help you.
- If you’re planning to shred your workout records, or are a hardcore athlete who needs to improve your effectiveness, BCAAs can help you minimize muscle soreness. This means you can supports workout longer without having to worry about feeling too sore to move the next day.
- If you’re eating plenty of protein throughout the day, you do not need BCAAs. It is highly unlikely that you’ll need to take BCAA supplementations if you’re eating a high-protein diet. This is because protein-rich foods naturally contain BCAAs.
- The best BCAA for men may not be the best for the female body. Women’s needs are different from men’s. And with the market so overly saturated with male-geared products, you may not want to lean toward those. It would be excellent to choose something that is made for women and prioritizes your goals and needs above all else.
- It doesn’t matter whether you’re taking it in pill, gummy, or powder form as long as you’re taking your BCAAs. Find something that suits you best and allows you to take your BCAAs with the least amount of inconvenience as possible.
Where Can I Buy BCAAs for Women?
Following the research, there are many retailers that carry BCAA supplements for women. You could have your pick of online or physical retailers.
Having said that, Here are some tips to make sure you’re buying from the right retailer:
- Make sure the retailer is reputable. Now, even the most reputable retailers make mistakes. But you’re most likely to be getting a genuine and good, fresh product when you buy from retailers that are reputable.
- The cheapest one is not always the most ineffective one. Some brands are inexpensive. But that doesn’t mean that they’re ineffective or that they don’t deserve your notice. Scour through different deals from different retailers to get the best value out of your purchase.
- A return period is a must. You should be covered by any issues that arise from shipping and handling. For example, if your product arrives half-empty or unsealed, the retailer needs to have return measures set in place to make sure you’re well protected and within your rights to request a replacement or refund.
Having said that, let’s take a look at some of your options when it comes to retailers that carry BCAA supplements for women:
- Direct from the company – I personally prefer to purchase directly from the company. Usually, this means you’ll save a little more cost-wise, and you’re sure you’re getting a 100% authentic product.
- Online retailers – online retailers like Amazon also carry a wide range of women’s BCAA supplementations. However, you may need to read the reviews to make sure you’re buying an authentic product as some sellers have sold non-authorized products in the past.
- Physical stores – even giants like Walmart carry BCAA supplementations and nutrition for women if you’d prefer to shop physically and get your product immediately upon payment.
Does BCAA Help Lose Belly Fat?
BCAA has also been shown to be good for boosting strength and endurance. They also help keep blood sugar levels in check. They’re an important building block for muscles. No wonder these claims made in the popular fitness media, the blogosphere, and across forums are powerful. But when it comes to actually supporting weight loss, does their use actually make a difference? Does BCAA Help Lose Belly Fat? Here’s the scientific analysis: How Does BCAA Benefit Keto Diabetics?
A lot of people who use BCAA, pre-workout or amino acids on ketogenic diets have been able to manage their condition. There’s a growing body of research to show how BCAA (an amino acid) can help reduce insulin resistance and get insulin levels down. An Insulin Resistance Diet (IRD) is the name for a ketogenic diet used to treat type 1 diabetes. Diabetes is a chronic condition. It’s important to manage the condition. But using a low-carb, high-fat diet as the treatment for diabetes can be damaging. So, for people who are on an IRD, it’s good to try and manage the condition.
Can BCAAs Make You Gain Weight?
It’s pretty common knowledge that BCAAs (bouncy acid) can help support muscle recovery and growth. But did you know these soluble proteins also happen to be great for weight loss? BCAAs are one of the most researched ingredients in sports nutrition,” says nutritional scientist Wendy Bazilian, MS, RD. While many research trials have suggested that a whole-food intake of BCAAs, taken with a diet rich in whole grains, can help people lose weight, “the research is still out on their effects for endurance athletes,” Bazilian says. In some studies, BCAAs may help boost energy for intense exercise, but in others, they can help muscles recover from long runs. For endurance athletes, high BCAAs could lead to muscle loss.
Meanwhile, for those who’re not endurance athletes, “I’m not sure they’ll have much of an effect,” she says. A 2008 study also found that those taking in more BCAAs (a daily dose of between 8 and 12 grams) throughout the day for two weeks lost weight, especially around the midsection. “For people who are trying to lose weight, high BCAAs may not be the best way to go,” Bazilian says.
Final Words. Which Brand BCAA is Best?
To be fair, any single one of the above-mentioned products is a great choice for any woman who is looking for a solid BCAA. However, after researching online reviews I found that Performance Lab has created the best overall product.
The Performance Lab Sport BCAA is not only one of the easiest to consume, but it is also one of the most effective BCAA supplements in the market. You’ll appreciate how it’s delivered in a capsule that is vegan-friendly and tasteless.
Moreover, we appreciate the clean formulation as well as the high BCAA yield per capsule. Ultimately, we’ve decided that Performance Lab created the best supplement in the market. However, if you’re looking for something else, we’re confident you’ll find the right one from any of the products we mentioned above.